Thursday, August 21, 2008

Color Challenge 19

It was SO EXCITING to see another Color Inspiration challenge on one of my FAVORITE BLOGS! (I love to see what all those other creative people in the world come up with - as far as their interpretation of the challenge.)

This week's challenge: basic black, basic gray, whisper white and a color of my choice. Hmmm, what color to use as my MYSTERY COLOR? (Mine is PUMPKIN PIE.)

Interesting challenge.... I was inspired to make a halloween card because today, after my job interview at the local elementary school for a teacher's aide position, I stopped at Target and saw the cutest t-shirt for $5 that was black. In very simple letters, it said "trick or treat" across the chest. I figured that I would wait until Monday to hear if I get the job (since that is their deadline and first training day for the position) before I go buy a t-shirt to wear to work/school. Kind of excited for the opportunity.... this particular school is strictly K & 1st grade, which I'm thinking is a pretty cute age to work with. So, crossing my fingers..... need some spending money to support my paper crafting hobby.

It is actually just on a black background for the photo, but looks nice framed like that as well. This was also my first time working with Thickers stickers. The bat shape was scanned out of my Oct. 2007 Paper Crafts magazine (Alice Golden's "Haunted Halloween Bat" submission). I had scanned it and resized the image to fit on my card size. Then, I printed it out to use this shape as a template (instead of freehanding a bat). I held the printout (tightly) on top of black cardstock and cut out the image. The bat eyes I had drawn freehand. (If I thought cutting the tiny eyes out with scissors was challenging, I hadn't yet considered how difficult it would be to use Tombow Multi Purpose Adhesive to glue them onto the bat..... let's just say that it was fitting to have eye boogers for a little while. The bat was adhered with dimensionals for depth. Moon was 2" circle punch by Marvy Uchida (purchased from Michael's, I believe.)

4 comments:

Misty said...

I love family history and I just wish my grandparents were still around so I could juice them for info...I ask my aunts and uncles things and they always reply, "oh, I don't know...I think your Aunt Nancy would know better." Ugh! Thanks for stopping by. Great take on the last challenge!
Misty

Christi Flores said...

This card is adorable!!! Thank you so much for your cute comment on my blog. I'd be scared to eat that icing too! LOL

Sarah Peale said...

This is just so adorable! I love Halloween and everything that goes along with it!

Keep up the great work!

Sarah

Sankari W. said...

You totally rock for resizing the bat and cutting it out ! Wow what a great idea! Love your color play and the thickers! Great Halloween card inspiration!!!